Friday, October 06, 2006

The Red Lodge by ETS?

Hi Gang,

I am trying to do some Woodcraft League related research, and I keep coming across references to “the Red Lodge”, by Ernest Thompson Seton, and I am now trying to find a way to view its contents. The published bibliographies seem to indicate that only 100 copies were printed of “The Red Lodge”, but beyond that I haven’t really been able to find out much if anything about the book itself. Things like, how long it is, the physical dimensions, is it illustrated, its own bibliography/works sited pages, and that sort of thing.

If you possess a copy of this, and can share anything about it, please contact me!

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know,

Blue Skies!
-Joel

Ps. I was first exposed to the Woodcraft league via my Grandmother, Gertrude Goodkind and Fay Welch, the founder of Tanager Lodge (http://www.tanagerlodge.com/), a summer camp that is still running and largely based on the Birch Bark Scroll, and Book of Woodcraft. Tanager Lodge is in the Northern Adirondacks of New York State.

No comments: